Orange Rolls are a family favorite breakfast! This copycat Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls recipe is so sweet, fruity, and delicious. Everyone will love waking up to these on the table. Make homemade orange cinnamon rolls with a creamy glaze for your next family breakfast!
Orange Rolls Recipe
For the Dough
- ½ cup warm milk 105-115°F
- ½ cup warm orange juice 105-115°F
- ¼ ounce active dry yeast 1 standard package
- 4 cups all-purpose flour plus more as needed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Filling
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Combine the milk, orange juice, and yeast in a glass measuring cup, stirring to dissolve the yeast. Let bloom for 5 minutes.½ cup warm milk, ½ cup warm orange juice, ¼ ounce active dry yeast
Make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, orange zest, and salt. Mix until just combined.4 cups all-purpose flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon orange zest, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Add the milk mixture and beat on low for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Swap to the dough hook, increase speed to medium-low, and beat for 5 minutes, or until the dough is smooth, soft, and slightly sticky.
Spray the inside of a glass bowl with cooking oil spray, then place the dough inside, flipping to coat the ball. Cover the bowl, place it in a warm place, and allow the dough to rise (it should double in size) for 45-60 minutes.
While the dough rises, make the filling. Mix the sugar, softened butter, orange zest, and cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth.¾ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons orange zest, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Once doubled in size, punch the dough down. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it into a 20×14 inch rectangle, about ¼ inch thick.
Spread the filling in a thin, even layer over the dough, leaving a 1-inch gap at one long edge. Roll up the dough, jelly roll style, starting at the long end.
Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Use a piece of floss to cleanly cut the dough log into 12 large rolls and place side-by-side in the prepared baking pan. Cover the baking pan and allow the rolls to rise for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Once doubled in size, bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, and cool slightly.
While the rolls bake, make the frosting. Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, softened butter, orange juice, and orange zest in a bowl until frosting is smooth.2 cups powdered sugar, 4 ounces cream cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons orange juice, 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Spread frosting onto the warm rolls and serve.